Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Tuesday


Lately I haven't been myself. Maybe it's the stress of school and finding out that 24 hours is not enough time to get things done but I'm very moody and my poor parents are the ones who are paying for it.
I need to do this post to remind myself that everything will be okay in the end.

~I am thankful for my family who loves me and tells me daily to keep pushing through the exam period and tell me that I will make a great teacher.

~I am thankful for friends. Not just Karen but my new friends I have made at school. The days that I don't want to go to class, I remember the fun times we have before, during and after class and  this makes me go. Of course I feel used when they text me the night before our class to see what readings we have to do and when the next test is but I am thankful that they know that they can come to me for answers and a listening ear.

~I am thankful for Jesus. Every second Saturday is Ladies Class at my church and this past Saturday my church decided to hold a Ladies Retreat day and invite the 3 local churches (20 minutes away or less) to come. It was an all day event and I needed it. I have realized that going to church weekly isn't enough for my faith and I need to go to the re-treats held by the churches in Southern Ontario more often.

~I am thankful that I have 2 weeks left of class until exams!

~I am thankful that yesterday I was able to pick up my younger cousins from school. I hardly get to watch them at lunch/ after school because I don't go to class from 9-3pm now. Last night there was a scary family emergency on my aunts side of family that she needed to deal with so I spent about 2 hours with the kiddo's. I loved it :)

~I am thankful for a job. Enough though I complain about my co-workers, I know come January I might not have a job as the Mayor will be locking us out! That is a totally different post. So right now I am thankful for one!

~I am thankful for my high school friends who I still talk to a few times a week, my one friend Meghan and I are have plans to hang out lots this Christmas break I love her :) . I let go of a few friendships this spring that were really toxic and haven't looked back. I still get texts from the girls and I'll reply but  I won't be treated like dirt anymore.

LASTLY

~ I am thankful for blog friends. I love hearing about the everyday stories and reading the "I'm pregnant posts" and following along as some plan their weddings! I hope to meet most (or all!!!!) one day :)


2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Sometimes in the middle of chaos, its hard to remember all the things we are thankful for! Kudos to you for keeping things in perspective :) P.S. I left a little something for you over at my blog http://themommyhoodadventure.blogspot.com/2011/11/little-miss-popular.html

Unknown said...

This time of year is always so hard with everything going on. So wonderful you could take a minute and list all the things you are thankful for!! Sorry I have been such a bad commenter...I'm trying to get better