Thursday, January 26, 2012

A letter to the celebs

Can we just talk about celebrities for a second?

I love being caught up in the world of celebs. I don't buy the magazines as spending $3.99 for a magazine that takes me 10 minutes, if that, to finish isn't that smart to me. 


But I do check out us weekly and people.com every few days to stay to update.

I feel every morning there is a new famous couple calling it quits.  Nothing worse than looking at the front page of the newspaper and not seeing a picture of the newest murdered victim but of the most recent celeb couple throwing in the towel.

*before I go on, yes, I am not married, single to be exact. Nor do I have child but these are my thoughts*

First, there was Kim and Kris and the whole being married for 72 days. 72 days! I still can't rap my head around that.

Then Katy Perry and her crazy husband Russell announced that they were separating.  At least they lasted longer than 3 months, 14 to be exact. And the rumours that came along with it? Sad. Very sad. Bringing in her religious parents into the mess.

Now, it's all about Seal and Heidi.

Their statement makes me a little upset. Makes me have questions for them.


"While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate. 

"We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition. 
"We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children's sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy."  
*from people.com

"But we have grown apart"

WTF?

That's not right. Couples are not supposed to grow apart, but grow together.


"we have enjoyed seven ...years"

enjoyed- sounds like the same enjoyment as a puppy. Oh, we have enjoyed seven years with our puppy but are giving it back to the pound. 


I feel celebs just get married for the gown, for the money the magazines will pay. Not getting married to be with that person for the rest of their lives.

I feel celebs think getting a divorce is the only way to solve their problems. Because ya know, if you don't see them, it solves it. Wrong.

I know it drives my mother crazy when she hears about celebs splitting. Don't get her started on Kim and Kris. If you do, she will be going on and on...and on for at least 7.384 minutes.

I mean, my parents will be celebrating 30 years of marriage this year. So unheard of. Especially in Hollywood.

My life will be over if Tim and Faith split. Those two will be together forever!

So celebs? Listen up. Don't marry a person if you don't see it lasting till death. Remember the vow? Till death do us part? That.  

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I really think they need to ban people in Hollywood from ever getting married

Katie said...

Totally agree!