Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's amazing what two years can do.

Before I start, I am alive.

Why haven't I posted in a while? A bunch of things. It's beautiful and hot out so I would rather be enjoying some sangria on a patio than instead of writing blogs that hardly no one reads. Debby downer over here.

That's another thing. I had a little internal freak out a few weeks ago when I posted some very special pictures from the wedding and my awesome speech and what? I got one comment?

I work hard to write a good post and then for no one to say "love it" or whatever, kind of hurts. So, I stopped blogging for a while.

I do remind myself over the past few days that I swore I would only blog when I had something to blog about. One thing I can't stand in the blogging world is when you know a post has been written because that person felt like they had to write for their followers. That's not me.

Second thing I reminded myself is that I blog for me. I do. I blog to write down stuff for memories.


Butttt, some comments and followers would be great! Don't be shy. 

Other than that, I've been doing well in summer school. Finished my paper today and it's pretty darn good if I say so myself. Hope I didn't jink it! 
~


Yesterday, I was thinking how it's already been two years since prom and grad. Two years! I'm officially an alumni of my high school.

So, I pulled out my photos from prom and was speechless over how much I have changed in two years, more like past 7 months. 30 pounds GONE and 18cm off my hips/waist/thighs all from working out and weight watchers.

June 2010

a) look at that double chin!
b) look how thick I was.

May 12, 2012. 
Losing this weight and making a whole new lifestyle has changed my life. I have done things that I would have never done if I was 30 pounds heavier. The confidence I have is 10384% more than 7 months a go.  

I can now go up to guys and talk to them. I can tell people to set me with guys because I feel so confident and we all know that guys like girls who are confident.

And now, it's not all about guys but thats important to a girl who never had a boyfriend in high school and didn't have her first kiss till 19. True story.

I can now run 10k and even have signed up for a 15k in August. Amaze-balls because I couldn't even run 2k back in November without dy-ing.

I love that I have inspired family members to start writing down what they eat. I love that at the wedding close family members came up to me and said "I saw you at easter and you looked great, and now you looks amazing, Sarah."  And my cousin Bryan grabbed me and said "since when have you lost weight?!"


sidenote: only have lost about 5 pounds since easter but your body can change when you tone it.   


I don't mean to brag, y'all know that. But every time I see pictures from 7 months + a go it makes me cry. I will never stop thanking weight watchers for changing my life. It really has.

I will never EVER go back to that weight. Ever.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to leave a comment and say that "Wow, what a difference 30 pounds makes." without it sounding rude. You know what I mean?

But, really you look fantastic! I tried WW online one time and I felt so full all the time that I found it hard to eat my points. Did you do online or meetings? I've heard that it can be two totally different experiences. I'd love you take on it!

Anonymous said...

WOW you like incredible!!!! Way to go!!

Katie said...

I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18 and almost out of high school so don't feel bad :)

Your weight loss and running are so inspiring! You look amazing! I lost 25lbs several months ago and felt great but now I'm pregnant. It is so hard to be feeling "fluffy" again. After I have my baby I am so going back and re-reading your weight loss posts for inspiration/motivation.

Question on Weight Watchers. Did you do the online WW? Is the point thing a hassle or is it easy to figure out after awhile?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah - I found your blog a few months ago, and have enjoyed reading it. Its fun to read about what you're up to (ie. wedding, running, WW, school, etc.)

You really do look great, Sarah. I have always thought you were pretty, but I'm glad to hear the weight loss has given you a renewed confidence!

Elizabeth

Karen said...

I'm sorry I don't comment more often, but I do read all of your posts! I usually read them from my phone though and it's really hard to leave comments that way, and then when I get on the computer, I forget lol. And you look awesome! (You looked beautiful before too just so you know). And I really really LOVE that orange dress on you - that colour looks great on you.