I don't like the recipes that take hours to make or use thousands of ingredients that I usually can't fine in the grocery stores so when I came across this (simple) Orange Chicken dinner, I knew it would become a favourite.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1½ teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Broccoli recipe
- Melt coconut oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken pieces and cook until cooked through and browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, stir together chicken stock, honey or maple syrup, garlic, orange zest, orange juice, coconut aminos, Sriracha sauce and red pepper flakes. Pour into heated skillet once chicken has been removed and reduce to low heat. Cook, stirring often, until sauce has been reduced and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and pour over chicken.
- To serve, spoon chicken over a bed of broccoli and then spoon on additional sauce. Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Thanks to Add a Pinch.