Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've realized...

Today was my first day volunteering at my former elementary school, with my former grade 1/2 teacher. She now teaches grade 3. It's not the first time I've worked at said school. In grade 11 I did co-op for second semester with my former grade 5 teacher. I was with said teacher from 8:45am-11:45 everyday for 5 months. I loved every second of it! The relationships I formed with those kids is incredible, when I see them at said school they still wave and say "hi sarah!." Melts my heart every time.

Since I'm going to uni to be an elementary teacher I wanted to go back and volunteer, just to gain more experience with young children.

There are 22 children in the class. It's safe to say that I love them all so far..kidding. I already have 4 or 5 girls that worship love me. They do the, lets hug Sarah when we go for recess/lunch/leave for home, smile/wave at her from across room, ya that thing. It's so flipping cute! I even got a silly band from one girl, it was in an S shape!

Every time I volunteer at said school, I realize that I'm made to be a teacher. No, I've been put on this earth to educate young minds. It's the MOST  awesome feeling ever! I love it.

I do realize that when I have my own kids it won't be like this. I will have to discipline, mark, write report cards, rather than just have fun with them. It's fine though because it will be worth it!

I usually work in small groups with kids who are having trouble with work, do photo coping, mark ect. Basically help out the teacher in anyway.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

I can't wait to have my own classroom. My own kiddies. My own desk.
Only 5 more years :)


happy tuesday!

No comments: