Saturday, October 22, 2011

another race











Friday I ran another 5k race! Hands down the best race ever! It was called Trek or Treat 5k or 10k by Saucony. The special thing and what made it great was that it was a trail run done at 8pm at night! There were no lights along the path which made it so spooky! Thankfully, everyone brought flashlights so we didn't get hurt! I almost died because along the route there are people who jumped out and scared the runners! All the people I ran with sprinted to get away from them.

I was telling my friend/co-worker Teah- last week- that I  really wanted to run a 5k soon. She told me about this race and we both signed up when we got home from work. She has always encouraged me to run and be healthy. My dad came along too, I always appreciate how supportive he is of me regarding running.

I was super nervous since I haven't run since late August, so I downloaded the app Couch to 5k to help. I ran 4 times this past week which did helped.

I am very proud to say that I ran the 5k without stopping! I always do 10:1's. Run for 10 minutes and walk for 1. When Teah and I got to 2.5k, I told her I felt that I could manage to keep running till the finish line, which we did!

Happy to say I finished in 32:59 :)
Such a fun night, now onto my first 10k!

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Life of Susan said...

Way to go Sarah! I don't know if I could do a scary run like that. More power to you girl! Lol