Monday, October 3, 2011

Trust

My good friend Carey has started a month long bible study of the Proverbs 31 wife. Go check her out, even if you aren't married, a church-goer or a mother.

                                        Today's verse is from Proverbs 31:11.
11: Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it. (The Message)


While I am not a wife nor a mother, I a lot struggle with trust. I have the hardest time trusting God. I know God has plans for me, as he has my life time-line laid out in front of him but? Sometimes I want to know what those plans are. For instances, I would love to know if I will ever fall madly in love and get married and of course make beautiful babies. God has said that that he doesn't want people to be alone, it's not healthy he has said. I remind myself of that a lot. Even though it calms my fear and puts my trust back in God, sometimes it's not enough. I have to put my trust in God, because worrying about marrying/kids isn't going to get me a husband or children.

I know that when I spend time with God in prayer, study and listening to songs those fears and the lack of trust goes away for a bit. One of the songs that is dear to my heart is by Jeremy Camp called Everlasting God.
Strength will rise
As we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer
You are the everlasting God

The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer
You are the everlasting God

The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles
I don't want to that girl who obsesses over who will she marry and when she will have kids. I want to trust our Lord for all things. I want to be a confident child of God.

happy monday, friends.





 

2 comments:

Meg said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers about finding the one for you and falling into the plan God has for you. :)

Carey said...

You dear, are one amazing woman of God. And he has one truly, outstanding plan for your life! It all happens on HIS time.....TRUST in him :)