Friday, December 16, 2011

The week with the dog

I pretty much say daily that I want a dog. A Golden Retriever named Marly.

Well, as much as it hurts to say this, I'm not ready for a pup.

I spent a week with one. 24 hours a day, 7 days.

My aunt and her boyfriend went away on vacation this past week to the Dominican Republic and we offered to talk their dog. Which gladly they took us up on.

Princess is her name. A 9 year old Golden.







We actually went running together! That's another post in itself but basically when I mapped out a nice "7K" route, I didn't change the distance from miles to kilometres. If we continued running we would have run 10k, which is about 7 miles. Both she and I were dead by 7k and had to stop!

Other than that, we slept. And ate. 

My poor cats, they were so scared of her that for seven days they didn't leave the basement. Thank goodness they are back to normal!


Can I get a belly rub?!



She slept in this basket all day,  everyday :) 

Maybe when I'm older I'll get a doggy. 
Just not right now.



Photobucket

3 comments:

jessica said...

Awww! I want a pup just like that! but, sadly it's not the right time for me either! How fun would it be to always have a running buddy though! I would actually probably run more often, LOL.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awww...hope you get one soon!

Beth Dunn said...

Your cat looks furious--in a fun way
xoxo
SC