Monday, January 30, 2012

Dream killers.

Wanna know my biggest pet peeve? No, it's not the fact that I hated waiting over 25 minutes for the subway on thursday when it comes every 2-3 minutes. Ya, you do the math of how many trains I couldn't get on to that morning. Gah! So many commuters. So little space. ::sarcasm::

My pet peeve is not when the girls in my program, who are doing their placement in may when school is done so they only have classes 3 out of 5 days right now. No, it doesn't bug me when they sit in class complaining how exhausted they are and how they aren't going to class tomorrow because they need to rest.
How about you try waking up at 6am, working from 8:30-4:30 and go to work till 10pm. Do that and then you have the right to complain. No, it's doesn't bug me. ::sarcasm::


My biggest pet peeve, the thing that gets my blood boiling besides animal abuse and neglect is when people crush my dreams of becoming a teacher.

I know right now, there are no teaching jobs what- so -ever. Unless you teach french or music, don't except a job right out of university.

I know this.

I am aware of it.

I don't need convosations that go like this:

other person: "what do you want to do after your B.A?"

me: "teachers college."

other person: "oh? you want to teach"?

me: "yup!"

other person: "you know there are no jobs. My daughter/niece/dog walkers-sisters-neighbour is a teacher and waited ___ years to get a job."

That my friends is my biggest pet peeve.

Yes I know it's very hard to get a teaching job. My own brother has been out of school for 2 years and is still not teaching.

I don't know why people say this to me! What do they expect me to do? Say, "you're right, there are no jobs, I'll go quit school on monday." 


Sorry, not happening. Teaching is why I was put on this earth. I was made to teach young minds. To have 25, 8 year olds call me Ms.Hannon. Teaching is my calling and I will everything I can do make it happen.

So? I ask of all who are reading this. If you are talking with a student, don't tell them what has been said to me. Don't kill dreams. Say something sweet and move on because chances are, they already know how hard it is to get a job in that field.

Happy Monday!

Photobucket





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it gets better soon! Sending thoughts and prayers to you while you are working so hard! I couldn't imagine.

xo. Britt
www.themagnoliapair.com

Meg said...

Don't listen to them. If this is your calling then you'll find a job and it'll be well worth your wait however long it takes. Just keep at it girl.