Thursday, March 28, 2013

Running Runt

I'm in a running runt. And I need to get out of it...now.

Since my half-marathon which was on the last Sunday of Febraury, I've logged about 21k (13miles) which is not like me. 

I've gotten obsessed with Spin class and slowly getting back into lifting weights because my flabby arms? Need to go. 

But running is a pain and challenge. I always have plans to go, but either I quit before my goal or the entire time I'm focused on how many more minutes until I'll be done and the other things I could be doing then running. 

Like last Thursday. I went to the gym after class to run a nice 5km and 2.6km, I shut off the treadmill dreadmill and left. I don't know why, just hit my "wall" quickly and couldn't get out of it. I was so sad and even more angry at myself. 

How can I go from running a half-marathon in 2 hours and 5 minutes and now I find it so hard to complete 5k! 

The fact that I have another half coming up at the end of May and have only logged 21km, scares me so much. I want to finish this half faster than the pervious ones and right now I'm sure I can. 

As of right now, I know I have to download some brand new music, lace up and get out there. I need to run again. I feel not complete. 

I know I have to face the bad runs and just keep repeating left....right...left...right.  

have any of you gone through a bad time like this? How did you get out of it? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Downloading new music always helps get me out of a rut! Also, is it warm enough to run outside yet? That is always better to me than running on the treadmill

Unknown said...

Downloading new music always helps get me out of a rut! Also, is it warm enough to run outside yet? That is always better to me than running on the treadmill