Sunday, December 29, 2013

The half-marathoner who hates running.

Whew----not sure that's even a word but let's pretend it is. No Christmas re-cap here. I'm sure everyone will be doing them come later this week. But, Santa was good to me. I had 3 dinner's with my family back to back which was great at times but a lot of family time. I did get a Canon t3 rebel so no more Iphone pictures!
~

Right now I'm texting my boyfriend Alex and being lectured about not going to running group again this morning. I had my alarm set for 7:15am to leave enough time to get ready and when that annoying alarm went off I tried (really I did) to get out of bed and get ready. That didn't happen and I went back to bed for another 2 hours. I feel bad because I haven't run in almost 3 weeks. Getting up there to my longest hiatus of not running. 

Running right now is boring, it's cold and I hate every second of it as well as everyone else I ran with. It's annoying to be running in a group with people complaining about this and that. But when I go to the Y and do BodyPump or Bootcamp I'm all over that stuff. It's hard but I love doing it. For example, tomorrow I have planned to do a noon class and so excited already for it. 

I do think I've burned myself out, running 3 half marathons in 2013 and maybe I need a break. I'll 100% go back to training for another half marathon but right now I'm really enjoying building muscle.
I would rather do workouts that I love than torture myself with doing workouts I hate. 

So on one hand I miss running and the other hand I love going to the Y so my plan to get the best of both worlds is do run with my group during there smaller milage runs and continue lifting at the Y. That sounds do able. 
Post a Comment