Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The rugrats

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of days (if anyone noticed...no...okay). I have been working like crazy, and yesterday was at a swim meet all day and worked at night.

Note:This post may be long...so turn back now or stick around!
When I say rugrats, I mean it in a good way. Thats what I call my younger cousins.

A little history: Adam and Grace are my younger(est) counsins on my moms side of the family. Before Adam (older than Gracie) I was the youngest counsins. (Read: spolied and fawned all over for 9 years.) Then Adam came along. I shouldn't say "along," he didn't take a train here. Adam made me a older cousin (I have a younger cousin Eric on my dad's side but he lives in Alberta.) I had so much fun with Adam! Love love loveeee him to pieces!

Then 2 1/2 years later Gracie came along. Such fun having a (younger) girl cousin!
Now the grandchildren count was up to 9. (and still is)
Now instead of me being the youngest, Grace is (she is also on her moms side)








(Left: A+G last may, I think this is lunch time)


My Aunt V married my moms brother Brian. Good I'm glad that cleared up ;)

Adam and Grace are such a blessing in my life. Beside the fact that they made me an older cousin, I'm soooo lucky to see them on a regular visit. When I say "regular" I mean once or twice a week.

You see when my Aunt V has to work I pick them up at their school (which is 2 seconds away from my house and b)my former elememtary school!) Then we walk to my house where lunch has been dropped off by my Uncle or Aunt at 9am. After lunch we walk back to school, and sometimes I have to pick them up afterschool too. Its such a busy day but I love seeing them and spending alone time (read: no parents, grandparents, other cousins.)

They are growing up soo fast! Almost 10 and 7!

One of our favourite games (besides trouble and memory) is run-a-round tag. My bro and used to play it and now A and G alwayys want to play! Basically you run around my house playing tag. Or wrestle Sarah to the ground. I like the first one!




(Left: They really don't like taking pictures, Karen really wanted one)











(Right: YES! got one)

(Left: LOVE you guys!)

I love these kids more than anything in the world. They are so exhausting sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way. Its going to fun when we're in our 40s and 30s talking about the fun times at Sarah's house, playing tag and beating her up. Can't wait!

Sarah

No comments: