Monday, November 21, 2011

So much to fill you guys in about!


Linking up today with Cassie from Lowercase Letters.        .

~ I babysat Friday night for the first time in 2 years (I don't count babysitting my cousins who are 8 and 10 babysitting, more hanging out.) When I was 14, 15 and 16, I babysat either every Friday or Saturday night and sometimes both nights! For a 15 year old, making 60 bucks a week is gold! 

The boy wasn't...bad  but he screamed at the top of his lungs when he talked and his laugh wasn't a belly-laugh but an ear screeching sound. I didn't want to be rude but I had to tell him to keep it down,  ya know for the neighbours of either side of him...

He was a pain to put to bed. Pulled the "the other sitters let me stay up."  I'm sure they do but this babysitter has been up since 7, had two classes and wants to read her red book magazine. Oh gosh, this makes me sound so lazy. I'm not. And when he said he reads a book before bed...which is fine, I'm not going to say no to a story (I am supposed to encourage reading!) But I didn't know he read.every.little.thing INCLUDING the bar code. After 25 minutes of reading this book and 30 minutes past his bedtime I told him he could finish reading tomorrow.

Maybe I'm a bit rusty. Gotta get back into the swing of sitting.

~ I signed up for a 5k race on February 12, 2012. I got champagne and chocolate at the end :)
AND
I signed up for a 10k on may 5, 2012! So excited to train for a 10k :)
Karen wants to do a 5k in the spring too. She's never run one and I told her if she signed up then I would to! So ya, another race in march/April.

~ I had a great week on weight watchers. Lost 2.2 pounds! Total: 10.4 :) Another 13 pounds and I'll be at my goal!

~ Two weeks today I'll be done school :) The end is rear!!!

Well guys, I have a psych paper that is due at midnight tonigh, gotta get back to working on it!
happy day, friends!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Meg said...

Baby sitting is always funny like that especially when it isn't your normal charge who knows your routine, lol. Glad you survived. :)

Way to go signing up for all these races, heck I'd run a marathon of champagne and chocolate at the end. Hehe.

Katie said...

Hi Sarah! I found your blog via Loves Life....I think? Anyway, that is awesome that you signed up for a 5k and 10k!! I'm on week 6 of the couch to 5k running plan and can't wait to run my first 5k soon. I was totally cracking up at your babysitting re-cap. I haven't babysat in forever but it brought back memories from high school when I did it ALL the time!

Jamie said...

A 10k is a great goal! Good for you!

Erin Branscom said...

I love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin

Workshop Bisnis Online said...

nice blog :)
greeting familiar

Victoria said...

yikes, i have had my share of awful babysitting experiences too...like when a little girl cried too much because it was bedtime and she ended up throwing up all over herself and her parents' bed (yeah, she sleeps in her parents' bed instead of her crib...) it was a nightmare and nothing i did to try and soothe her worked. first and last time i babysat for that family!

cute blog!