Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Running Milestones


This week I hit an amazing (in my mind) milestone in running-over 1000 kilometers since November '11. I remember hitting 500 back late last year and thinking 1000 was so far away and I didn't even know if I would make it. But I did. 

Honestly, it's all thanks to the Beaches Running Room Half Marathon clinic. Boy, do they make you run but safely! 

I decided to not train for my next half by myself and thought since my dad has has amazing success in the RR clinics, I would try. Such a great thing they've got going on. They support and community I have is what I need to run a 2 hour half marathon in October. 

Along with running, I'm doing more weights and abs. The last time few times I've run halfs, all I've done to prepare was run, which ya, I need to do but cross training is so important!

Off for a 6k- 3 hill run tonight :) 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good for you!! I'm doing my first 5k (the Colour Run) on Sunday morning - I'm a bit nervous - and I totally didn't train enough for it lol. But you've definitely inspired me to start running (or at least jogging lol)